Rental Housing Stabilization Program


Rental Housing Stabilization Program

Program Summary:

The Vermont State Housing Authority (VSHA) Rental Housing Stabilization Program (RHSP) is for funding landlords on behalf of tenants in need of rental arrearage assistance due to COVID-19 to avert tenant eviction.  This program will provide the VSHA Payment Standard or the actual amount due for the month(s) being claimed, whichever is less, per household at a single unit who meet eligibility criteria.  The goal of this program is to prevent homelessness and to provide housing stability.

Total funding available is currently $25 million.  The program is funded through Vermont’s allocation of the Federal Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act.


To find out if you are eligible –  go here

For a listing of FAQ’s – go here


In order to fill out the RHSP Application or Certification you will need a pdf reader.  Adobe Acrobat offers a free reader software for desktop and mobile devices.  Click on the icon below to install:



To apply, click on the appropriate link below and complete the fillable pdf.

You MUST download the application first, complete each field and send the completed form to

All submissions to the Rental Housing Stabilization Program need to be complete and contain:  Tenant Application, Landlord Certification, and Landlord payment information (W-9, Direct Deposit Authorization Form, voided check).  Submissions will not be considered complete until all forms are received.  All forms should be submitted in a single email, but multiple attachments are acceptable.

Tenant Application –  go here

Landlord Certification – go here

In addition to the Landlord Certification, click links below for required Landlord forms:

Landlord Direct Deposit Form for Rent Relief

Voucher Payment Standards

For questions or assistance with applications and submittals please contact:

  • Tenants call VT Legal Aid – 1-800-889-2047 or go to
  • Landlords call VT Landlords Association – 802-985-2764 or 888-569-7368

If you are looking for MORTGAGE assistance, please contact the Vermont Housing Finance Agency at or    802-864-5743.  In addition, owners of mobile homes in mobile home parks who need assistance with their mortgages may be eligible for up to six months of missed payments through VHFA under the Vermont COVID Emergency Mortgage Assistance Program.


For additional  information contact:

Vermont State Housing Authority
Attn:  Rental Housing Stabilization Program
One Prospect Street
Montpelier, VT  05602


VSHA is committed to equal housing and employment opportunity and will consider reasonable accommodations upon request. Free interpreter services are available. Please tell us if you need an interpreter or other accommodation.
French – Des services d’interprétation gratuits sont disponibles pour nos programmes. Vous êtes prié de nous faire savoir si vous avez besoin d’un interprète ou d’une assistance quelconque.

Russian – Для наших программ предлагаются бесплатные услуги переводчика. Пожалуйста, сообщите нам, если Вам требуется переводчик или другая помощь.

Serbo-Croatian – Za sve naše programe na raspolaganju su vam besplatne prevodilačke usluge. Molimo vas da nam javite ukoliko vam je potreban prevodilac ili bilo koja druga vrsta usluge.

Spanish – Hay servicios gratis de interpretación disponibles para nuestros programas. Por favor, avísenos si necesita un intérprete u otra acomodación.

Swahili – Huduma ya Utafsiri inapatikana bure. Tafadhali tueleze kama unahitaji mfasiri au huduma nyinginezo.

Vietnamese – Hiện có các dịch vụ thông dịch miễn phí cho các chương trình của chúng tôi. Xin cho chúng tôi biết nếu quý vị cần một thông dịch viên hay các thích nghi khác.