- Emergencies: Dial 9-1-1
- Other immediate help resources
- General Immediate Needs: Call 2-1-1
- Emergency Shelter: Call 2-1-1 or you can locate shelter options by zip code by visiting the www.redcross.org/local/me-nh-vt/get-help.html or by texting SHELTER and your zip code (for example, “SHELTER 01234”) to 4FEMA (43362). For Spanish text REFUGIO and your zip code. Standard text message rates apply. You can also download the FEMA Mobile App to find open shelters.
- General Assistance Housing Program (Hotel or Motel) for Catastrophic Need: Call 1-800-775-0506
- Mental Health Supports: Call 9-8-8
- Support for disabled individuals: Visit disabilities, or access and functional needs
- Support for farmers: connect with technical, legal or financial assistance or to a counselor or trained peer; Home | FarmFirst
- FEMA Individual Assistance support contact: 1-800-621-3362 or www.disasterassistance.gov/
- Important Health-related Flood Information: https://www.HealthVermont.gov/Flood
What you should do, generally, if you were impacted by the flood:
The quick list of things to do includes: stay informed and up to date; ensure your home is safe; document all damage including photographs, lists, and receipts; contact your insurance company if you are insured; report damage; remove water and debris safely; and clean up. More details are below.